Do You Have an 8-12 Year-Old Who Is Often Angry, Stressed or Anxious?
Imagine if your child's behaviour no longer affected your family and you could thrive together.
Take your understanding of your child to a new level and learn individualised strategies to transform their ability to self-regulate.
This tried-and-tested 5 Step Programme is for you if...
- You get overwhelmed by your child's behaviour or emotions and you wish you had tools to help them.
- You feel sad that your child isn't thriving in their emotional well-being and you want to give them a boost so they can flourish as they get older.
- You can see that your child's lack of control over strong emotions is affecting their self-esteem and you long to help them reverse this.
- Your current family life in "survival mode" doesn't fit with the vision you once had for family life. You want to start thriving as a family.
Your Child's Difficulties
- Outbursts or meltdowns
- Highly sensitive to criticism
- Finds it hard to relax
- Gets things out of proportion
- Hard to be around at times
What You Want For Your Child
- Bounces back from life's challenges
- Balanced mood - no more roller-coasters
- Listens and accepts your feedback.
- Enjoyable to be with
- Knows how to self-soothe and self-calm.
During the course
Develop clarity and focus about why your child is feeling and behaving the way they are.
Develop a step by step, individualized action plan to help your child.
Put that plan into action and start to review your results.
Learn what steps to take to avoid ever feeling overwhelmed by your child's behaviour or emotions again.
"Straight forward, not overwhelming. It's helping us better understand ourselves and our daughter and to improve our family wellbeing."
- Calm & Connected Parent
"I came across this group as a fluke & I can honestly say I am so very impressed at how much it made sense & was easily changed to any situation or difficulty. Lucy came very highly recommended & I am very grateful I was able to take the course, the things I have learnt, some of which I already knew but was so insightful to see/understand them in different ways too. Like looking at a situation through someone else's eyes. So thank you so much."
What’s Inside CALM & CONNECTED
In module 1 you will learn how to prioritise your own wellbeing, and how this will positively affect your child. You will also use a technique to consider what you would like life to look like for your child and your family in the future. Finally, you will be introduced to the magic 5-step "SUPER" process!
You'll lay the foundations for a successful outcome with some planning, and learn about the 5-step process we will be using in modules 2 to 6.
- Develop a Parent Personal Wellbeing Menu
- Set Your Course Goals
- Learn the "SUPER" process
S - Spell it Out
In this module you will be guided to clarify exactly what the problems are, so you can feel less overwhelmed. If we know what the problems are, then we can do something about them!
You'll clarify the specific problems facing your child and/or your family.
- Learn how to "Spell it Out"
- Hear about our case studies, Evan and Rosie.
- Use the PDF diary and checklist to track family patterns and trends in preparation for Module 3.
U - Understand
In this module you'll learn about the links between stress, anger and anxiety. Like a detective, you'll look at the problem in depth from multiple perspectives and by the end of the module you'll have a clear understanding of what's causing and maintaining the problem.
Understand all the factors that contribute to stress and anger, and which ones are contributing in YOUR family.
- Learn the science of stress and anger
- Apply it to your own child
- Complete the questionnaire to get in-depth understanding about underlying causes
P - Plan
In this module you'll pull together everything that you've learned in a structured way, and develop a strategic plan. By the end of the module you'll know exactly what to do about the problem, and when and how you're going to do it.
Through videos and PDFs you will learn exactly which strategies will be most effective for your particular situation, pick 1-3 of these, and complete your action plan.
- Learn which strategies will work in your situation.
- Create a personalised visual plan for your child using our tools.
- Commit to your plan.
E - Energize
In this module you'll put your chosen strategies into action in a systematic and manageable way.
It's time to put all that hard work into practice, and support is available if you have questions or get stuck.
- Take action based on your individualized plan.
- Get help and support if you need it.
R - Review
In our final module you'll return to your goals from Module 1 and track your progress.
Reflect on what worked well, what could be tweaked, and what needs to happen next.
- Measure progress against your goals from Module 1
- Celebrate your successes
- Learn about options for seeking further support if required
In the unlikely event that the course doesn't meet your expectations you are entitled to a full refund within 14 days of the start of the course.
I'll be here to support you through CALM & CONNECTED
I am a clinical psychologist and mum of two children aged 15 and 12. I specialise in working in partnership with parents, breaking through the overwhelm and taking you through exactly what you need to do, step by step.
I know what are the ingredients of a thriving child and a happy family, and I am going to share each of these with you in Calm & Connected.
I look forward to seeing you inside the course!
Dr Lucy Russell, Clinical Psychologist
Frequently Asked Questions
How much time do I need to commit?
You only need to set aside a few minutes each day, for the 5 weeks of the course. (You can spread this out over a longer time period if you prefer.) This includes watching the videos, reading and filling out the PDFs and putting the strategies in place.
Do I have to complete the course in 35 days (5 weeks)?
No! You can complete the course in your own time - take 5 months or even a year if you need to. You will have lifetime access to the course and you can also download the PDFs and videos to look at whenever you want.
How do I get support if I get stuck or have a question?
There are 2 ways you can get support:
- Submit a question by email, which will be answered privately or in one of the Q&A videos in the Facebook group, depending on the nature of the query.
- Ask a question directly in the private Facebook group.
My child is autistic/has ASD/ASC or has ADD/ADHD. Is this course suitable?
Yes. Dr Lucy Russell wrote the course, and autism is one of her specialisms. She also has many years of experience working with children with ADD and ADHD. The course is suitable for children who have neuorological differences and those who do not. There is one possible exception: Children with a PDA ("pathological demand avoidance") profile within the autism spectrum. If you think this might apply to you, contact Lucy to discuss it further: [email protected]
My child is on the waiting list for an NHS service such as CAMHS (child and adolescent mental health services). Can I still do the course while I wait?
Yes you can. But whether you are doing the course or not, if at any point you are concerned about the safety of your child or others (eg if your child has self-harmed or has threatened to hurt themselves or others) you should always speak to your GP (doctor), or if you are urgently concerned you must seek emergency help.
Is this course an alternative to therapeutic support from a psychologist, psychotherapist or counsellor?
Although the course is written by a clinical psychologist and therapist, it is not the same as therapy. It is self-guided. Some families have complex difficulties and need face to face support. If you think you may need face to face support, your GP (doctor) can advise you about your options locally.